Re: Newline talking bathroom scale help needed

Troy Burnham

Hi Gerald,

When we tap it the first time the voice says please wait, but a few seconds later the scale just beeps and goes off without ever saying okay. Btw it has brand new batteries in it.

Troy

On 7/13/2020 1:09 PM, Gerald Levy via groups.io wrote:

First, place the scale on a hard, flat  surface.  Then, lightly tap the glass platform with your foot.  The scale will announce, "please wait".  Do not tap it again, and when you hear the message, "Okay, please step on the scale", step onto the platform and your weight should be announced to the nearest tenth of a pound.  When you step off the platform, the scale will shut off in a few seconds after you hear a single beep. If you are having trouble getting the scale to work properly, try installing a different pair of AAA batteries.   HTH.

Gerald

On 7/13/2020 12:50 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

Last week Gerald Levy and one other person recommended a talking bathroom scale, it looks like the brand name is Newline from what it shows on amazon. I bought it and got it yesterday but after inserting the batteries so far all my mom and I can get it to do is to say please wait when we tap it, then there's a beep a few seconds later and then the scale shuts off.

My mom has been the one doing this so far so I'm not sure at what point she steps on the scale but what might we be doing wrong? Is there a certain procedure to follow to make the scale work?

Btw my mom says that after it says please wait there's some letters that come up on the display that she says looks like out 2, but she says that she's not sure because apparently the entire letters aren't shown.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Troy