Re: Newline talking bathroom scale help needed

Troy Burnham

I'm beginning to think that there's something wrong with the scale I received yesterday, no matter what I do I can't get it to work right. I'll call amazon and see if they'll send me a replacement scale.

Troy

On 7/13/2020 3:28 PM, E.M. Kirtley wrote:
I have this scale, and I just stand on it, it tells me my weight.  Then it says "ready for operation".  I guess that is in case someone else wants to use it.  If no one gets on, it beeps and is finished.
You need to try it for yourself.  I am totally blind.

Ms. E. Kirtley

-----Original Message----- From: Troy Burnham
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2020 9:50 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Newline talking bathroom scale help needed

Hi all,

Last week Gerald Levy and one other person recommended a talking
bathroom scale, it looks like the brand name is Newline from what it
shows on amazon. I bought it and got it yesterday but after inserting
the batteries so far all my mom and I can get it to do is to say please
wait when we tap it, then there's a beep a few seconds later and then
the scale shuts off.

My mom has been the one doing this so far so I'm not sure at what point
she steps on the scale but what might we be doing wrong? Is there a
certain procedure to follow to make the scale work?

Btw my mom says that after it says please wait there's some letters that
come up on the display that she says looks like out 2, but she says that
she's not sure because apparently the entire letters aren't shown.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Troy