Re: The facts about getting a SmartVision phone repaired

Gerald Levy

For the sake of disclosure, did you purchase your Smart Vision phone online directly from IRIE totally sight unseen?  Or did you purchase it after being able to get your hands on it in person at the ACB convention last summer, which was hosted in your home town of Rochester, NY?  After all, you would certainly be much more likely to spend $700 for this phone and enthusiastically recommend it if you could check it out in person.  But, of course, since this phone is not sold in any stores in the US, it would be impossible for the rest of us to check it out in person first before we plunk down all that money.     And did you pay full price, or did you receive a substantial discount because you are a technology trainer and have close ties to the ACB?  Bonjor, mon ami.

Gerald

On 7/14/2020 8:02 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Eeyore, your attitude is just why we, the blind, have had such an abismal track record when it comes to unemployment.  People won't hire someone if they don't have experience, but you can't get experience if you aren't hired.  The only way to "prove" a track record is to use the company.

I do wish you'd quit saying "obscure company", Eeyore.  It is only obscure to you and to others who live in the U.S.  It may be quite well known in France and surrounding countries.

The Oden phone had financial difficulties and I don't know about the Lucia phone, but if Americans don't see potential in any companies except American ones, that's a shame.  People in other parts of the world do manufacture good things.  They run financially viable companies, they have market share which you, in your insular attitude have no notion of.

*Any* product may have problems, especially one that is fairly new.  The Orbit Reader started out with some difficulties with its dots.  That problem has been fixed.  I will say that if one pays attention to only lists, all you will hear is bad news.  People don't write about good experiences.   So, give it a rest Eeyore, please?

Ann P.