Compress Zip Folder Error Message

Mike B

Hi All,

On my Windows 7 Pro system I started getting the following message whenever I try to compress a file with the Windows default compression tool from the context menu.

Compressed (zipped) Folders Error
Unable to complete the operation.
Access is denied.

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem, please?!  I've searched for a solution, but I don't understand exactly what to do with the steps I've found for changing permissions in the Security tab of the file I'm attempting to compress.  All help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.