From: Sam Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 6:45 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Compress Zip Folder Error Message

Step 1: Log into the PC as an Administrator
Step 2: Access the C drive's properties
Step 3: Change the Security settings
Click on 'Security' tab; click 'Edit'. To change the permissions; highlight the particular user/group and tick the box for 'Full Control'; click 'Apply'.
Windows will show a security warning confirming that this may adversely affect your PC (or words to that effect). Click 'OK' to continue.
The PC will run through the folders in C:\ and show if any have been unable to be updated.
Once the PC has completed pushing the new security settings to the user/group you can test this by accessing the root folder, right-click and highlight 'New'. You should have the standard list of file types to save to the root.

On 15/07/2020 11:41 am, Mike B wrote:
Hi Sam,

Yes I am, but I've been doing this for years.  I take ownership of various folders so they can be accessed for various reasons and I've never had a problem, until recently.  I can compress files on my data drive, a secondary drive on my computer, but nowhere on my operating system drive can I compress a file.