From: Sam Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 4:38 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Compress Zip Folder Error Message

I'm also still unclear as to whether Mike can zip a file from, say, c:\temp, but not c:\.

On 15/07/2020 9:25 pm, Gene wrote:
I don't think this is a permission problem.  You said in a later message that you can compress files using 7zip.  The same permission problem should have forbidden it.

Also, if you can still add and delete files, I see no permission problem with compressing them.  And when you compress a file, you aren't changing the original.  It makes no sense that you can work with files in general but that the compression of a file would present a permission problem.

This is an example of being skeptical if something doesn't make logical sense. Don't assume that a computer is smarter than you are.  If something contradicts itself, skepticism is in order.  I don't know what the problem is but I wonder if there is something corrupted in the zip utility itself.

Why do you want to reinstall Windows?

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Smiling?
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 4:04 AM