Re: The facts about getting a SmartVision phone repaired

Gerald Levy

Good for you for not taking the bait and buying this phone.  No wonder Cody, IRIE's national sales manager, did not demonstrate the Smart Vision phone on Accessible World Tech Talk, but instead, presented what amounted to nothing more than a sales pitch in a desperate attempt to dump their remaining inventory.  I hate to say I told you so, but I warned list members against buying an expensive phone made by an obscure overseas company that has had a poor track record in the US.  Of course, I was accused of being negative.  But it makes my blood boil when blind consumers get screwed over by companies like IRIE, which probably purchased the remaining inventory of Smart Vision phones from Kapsys at fire sale prices, perhaps pennies on the dollar,  to turn around and sell to unwary blind consumers for hundreds of dollars.  For anyone who is still interested in buying this phone, call IRIE first, ask to speak to Cody Mitchell, and tell him that you would be happy to buya Smart Vision phone  only if his company is willing to provide ongoing sercvice and support for at least three years.  If he is unwilling to do that, tell him, thanks, but no thanks.

Gerald

On 7/15/2020 1:28 PM, Gary Greico wrote:
I was told by them that they were a bust.   Codi was willing to sell the
cheaper model to me for 400 dollars but I said no.  Look on the website,
it is not their.

On 15-Jul-20 8:53 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Yes, it is possible, but he didn't say that, Eeyore.  He just gave his
opinion without any proof at all.

Ann P.