Re: Compress Zip Folder Error Message

Gene

You aren't denied access in any way you can't give yourself access to. If you don't know enough about computers to give yourself access, maybe the denial of access to certain things is the right choice by the computer manufacturer or the operating system designer.

For example, you can change a setting to give yourself acdcess to hidden files. But they are hidden for a reason. You are likely to cause yourself problems if you either intentionally or accidentally delete them.

The typical consumer doesn't know enough about computers to know what is safe to fool around with yet many people remove things they shouldn't. Computers are generally manufactured as consumer products and consumer products often have safety mechanisms to keep people from doing things they shouldn't. And, as I said, if you know what you are doing, you can give yourself access to everything in a computer.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 1:37 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Compress Zip Folder Error Message

When I purchase a computer, bring it home and put it on my desk, I fail to see HOW or WHY anyone should have the right to deny me access to any part of it.

On 7/15/2020 4:04 AM, Smiling? wrote:

Maybe System Restore?

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 18:20
To: TechTalk mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Compress Zip Folder Error Message

Hi All,

On my Windows 7 Pro system I started getting the following message whenever I try to compress a file with the Windows default compression tool from the context menu.

Compressed (zipped) Folders Error
Unable to complete the operation.
Access is denied.

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem, please?! I've searched for a solution, but I don't understand exactly what to do with the steps I've found for changing permissions in the Security tab of the file I'm attempting to compress. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.