Re: Windows Is Gone

lynn white

Casting no disspersions. But, I bought this machine from the Blind Ads list. The person that I got it from is quite reputable and I have bought machines from him before.

On Jul 16, 2020, at 11:29 AM, Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:

´╗┐Many people reinstall Windows on new machines but I wonder if you should send it back for an exchange or a different machine. This mayindicate some sort of hardware problem or perhaps something else I don't know enough about to discuss. but if I got a new machine and Windows disappeared, I'd really wonder if I should fool around with a machine that behaved so unexpectedly.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: lynn white
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 11:24 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Windows Is Gone

Sent from my iPhoneI just got a new computer. I was able to install Jaws. But the other day, Narrator said that I needed to reinstall Windows 2010.
I even tried resetting the computer but to no avail. It looks like Windows needs to be reinstalled.
Where can I find Windows 2010 and would I need to install it from some sort of drive?
This whole thing is something I never expected to run into especially from a new machine. Thanks. Oh, one more detail. I do remember performing a Windows update before this happened.