Re: Windows Is Gone

lynn white

Hi Laz and Gene,
Kevin is the best and, if I need to, I’ll contact him to see what needs to be done.
I do have an idea how to reinstall Windows and will see what happens from there.

On Jul 16, 2020, at 1:42 PM, Laz <laz@talkingmp3players.com> wrote:

Hi Lynn,

If you bought it from Kevin let him know about the problem and he'll
help you I'm sure.

Stay well,

Laz

On 7/16/20, lynn white <lynnwhite360@gmail.com> wrote:
Casting no disspersions. But, I bought this machine from the Blind Ads list.
The person that I got it from is quite reputable and I have bought machines
from him before.
On Jul 16, 2020, at 11:29 AM, Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:
Many people reinstall Windows on new machines but I wonder if you should
send it back for an exchange or a different machine. This mayindicate
some sort of hardware problem or perhaps something else I don't know
enough about to discuss. but if I got a new machine and Windows
disappeared, I'd really wonder if I should fool around with a machine that
behaved so unexpectedly.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: lynn white
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 11:24 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Windows Is Gone

Sent from my iPhoneI just got a new computer. I was able to install Jaws.
But the other day, Narrator said that I needed to reinstall Windows 2010.
I even tried resetting the computer but to no avail. It looks like Windows
needs to be reinstalled.
Where can I find Windows 2010 and would I need to install it from some
sort of drive?
This whole thing is something I never expected to run into especially from
a new machine. Thanks. Oh, one more detail. I do remember performing a
Windows update before this happened.

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com