disabling autoplay videos on web pages

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

I'm using jaws 2020 and windows 10 with google chrome.

I don't know if it's always the same site that causes this because when it happens I'm getting to the page from just a general news headlines site, but sometimes I'll go to a page to read a story and there's a video on the page along with the story, and the video never starts unless it's all visual but jaws starts counting seconds and I can't shut it up so I can hear the story written on the page. Even if I get to the story and do the say all command the timer or whatever it is interrupts after a few seconds. If anybody is familiar with this is there a solution. Btw I have flash turned off as far as I know.

I just had it happen and the link to the page is https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2020/07/18/play-ball-experts-send-mixed-signals-on-mlb-60-game-season/112300506/

Thanks, and I hope this link is still accessible because I pasted the http string from the address bar of the page but I just noticed that it has converted to more or less what the headline of the story is.

Troy