Re: Braille Blazer printer help

Monte Single

No,

The braille blaster software is on  this page;

www.brailleblaster.org

I think it is a product of the American Printing House for the Blind.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vicky Vaughan
Sent: July 22, 2020 1:41 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Braille Blazer printer help

Was the braille blaster software supposed to be on the duxbury web page?  I didn’t see it.

Thanks very much.

Sincerely, Vicky V

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2020 11:20 PM

Yes, the braille blaster is a translation software.  As it is a free version, it may not be as developed as duxbury

Here is the link to  the dux home page;

https://www.duxburysystems.com/

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Susie Stageberg
Sent: July 20, 2020 8:41 PM
To: Monte Single <mrsingle@...>
Cc: main@TechTalk.groups.io

So is Braille Blaster a Braille translation program, like Duxbury? Is Duxbury still around, does anyone know? When I had a Blazer, I embossed directly from my BrailleNote Apex via a USB to serial converter. I wore out two Blazers.' The Blazer is a good little machine; neither of mine lasted very long, but they eid good work.

Susie

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

On Jul 20, 2020 9:03 PM, Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:

It is called  the braille blaster and it can be found here;

https://www.brailleblaster.org/

I  think it is free,  but donations are accepted bby the American Printing   house for the blind.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vicky Vaughan
Sent: July 20, 2020 2:13 PM

Hi, I also have a Braille Blazer printer, but I have not gotten it to work yet.

What is the full name of your Braille Blaster translation program  Also, where did you obtain it?

Is there anything that you think I should know to have this working with both my Windows 7 computer and also with my Windows 10 computer??

Thanks very much for any information!

Sincerely, Vicky V

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Angelo Sonnesso
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2020 4:07 PM

How are you hooking up the blazer.

73 N2DYN Angelo

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jerry hathaway
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2020 4:02 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Braille Blazer printer help

I have connected the Braille blazer to my computer, I have also set up the printer into the printer settings, and I think I put the setup information into Braille Blaster translation program. The problem I am having when I go to print text I have brought up into the Braille Blaster translation program and I go to print the text for some reason the text does not get to the Braille printer. Does anybody know what may be causing this problem and how I can fix the problem.

Jerry

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.