Re: Dropbox Question About Saving Shared Files

Gene

My guess was wrong in this case.. But are there ever times where it is right? If I or someone uploads a file to my web page acount, does it download automatically to my computer if it is synchronizing?

From: Steve Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 6:47 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Dropbox Question About Saving Shared Files

I should have thought of that. OK, it found, but only one occurrence. Sure don't know where the others went.

On 7/22/2020 7:06 PM, Sam Taylor wrote:

It'll be somewhere in your Dropbox folder. I would drop to a command prompt by running cmd, then type

cd %userprofile%\dropbox

dir/s/b PartOfTheFileNameYou'reLookingFor

On 23/07/2020 8:52 am, Steve Matzura wrote:
Someone shared a file with me. I clicked the link to acces the file. One of the options was a download menu button. When I opened the menu, "Save to my Dropbox" was one of the choices, so I chose that option. Of course, I had to log in to my own Dropbox, which I successfully did. The file was saved. I know it was, because when I did it again, it saved a second copy with a numeric addition to the filename. But I can't find any of them anywhere. I suspect this may also be a Windows Search problem, probably not searching subdirectories as it should, because I can think of no other reason why this file is unfindable. If I look at recently added files on the Dropbox Website, the file is there--in fact, they all are--but nowhere am I told in what folder those files are stored. This is the problemk, long-winded version.

On 7/20/2020 12:01 PM, Mike B wrote:

In what fashion was it shared? Did they send you a download link? Do you have a shared folder?

Take care. Mike.