Hi Gene,

I was thinking the same thing, it's not causing any problems so I figured if the advice I was given didn't seem like a good idea I'd just give up. Somebody not on the list even told me to just delete everything associated with the program by removing the folders but I was afraid that that might mess up the registry so I didn't do it.

Troy

On 7/23/2020 10:37 PM, Gene wrote:
There may be, but is the program causing any problem or does it just sit there and do nothing?  Sometimes, its better to just leave things alone.  We don't know if this program is well designed or if it uninstalls properly in general.  Sometimes, a poorly designed program takes something with it when you uninstall it that you need.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Troy Burnham
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2020 7:37 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] need help uninstalling a program

Hi all,

I have a program that I want to uninstall from my computer, it's the
multiextra program I was asking about recently, but when I try to
install it I get this error message:
Windows cannot find 'c:\ProgramData\MultiExtra\unins000.exe'. Make sure
you typed the name correctly and then try again. It then gives me an
okay button but when I hit that the dialogue closes. Is there a
different way to uninstall this?

Thanks.

Troy