Re: NVDA cutting off first letter

Marie

according to the podcast by Mosen, the setting is not on by default in Jaws and if you turn it on, you can't use audio ducking. So I will give the utility a try since I doubt you would ever recommend one that caused any harm.

On 7/25/2020 10:22 AM, Gene wrote:
I haven't seen any complaints of any kind about the utility.  It is completely independent of the screen-reader and just sends some sort of inaudible signal to the soundcard to keep it active.  I don't expect it to affect NVDA in any way.

I don't know if the JAWS solution can be turnned off or uninstalled or whatever should be possible for disabling it.  But you should be able to use Silenzio with no ill effects on JAWS either.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Marie
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2020 10:57 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA cutting off first letter

Does this prevent NVDA from using Audio ducking?

Marie
-----Original Message----- From: Gene
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2020 9:34 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Use a small utility called Silenzio.  Read about it in this article.
https://mosen.org/soundsfrustrating/

Move by heading to find the beginning of the discussion.  The heading says
"The Realtek sound problem"

A link is given to go to the page to download the program.  It is the name
of the utility, "Silenzio."