Re: another phone for the blind

Gene

It’s a physical device. I did a Google search for more information.

The RNIB article compares it to having something like The Echo, the Google assistant, and so on. While there are blind people who would find it useful to avoid touch screens and have a device that works like an assistant and is portable, I don't think it will come anywhere near replacing a smart phone for those who are skilled or reasonabbly skilled in using it.

From: Laz
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 12:36 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] another phone for the blind

I finally visited the provided link and it sounds like it's an
application, not a physical device.

I was surprised to see a few typos though and no way to actually
identify who set this site up.

As Gerald likes to say, buyer beware.

Stya well,

laz

On 7/30/20, Gerald Levy via groups.io <bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

This article is vague. Is Real SAM a specialized smart phone for the
blind that is ready to use right out of the box? Does it have a tactile
keypad? Or is it an app that must be installed on a standard Samsung
touchpad smart phone? And where do you buy it? There is no information
about purchasing Real SAM in this article.

Gerald

On 7/30/2020 6:13 AM, Monte Single wrote:

Hi Olusegun,

Below is a link to another phone for the blind.

I found it first in a current item on the latest Top Tech Tidbits.

It is based on a Samsung phone.

Please have a look.

…and then express yourself.

Thanks,