Re: another phone for the blind

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Gerald I read your message and I read the article, so and it's still a little confusing. So just gonna wait and see what I hear from YouTube and other areas.
joseph hudson

Email FaceTime and iMessage
jhud7789@twc.com

Office phone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency sell

254-813-2461

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

On Jul 30, 2020, at 3:02 PM, Gerald Levy via groups.io <bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

If you read my previous message, it sounds to me like the RealSAM is a physical device, not a software app. This is my take. RealSAM signed a contract last year with the Library of Congress to develop the next generation Talking Book player based on their AI speech recognition technology. And so they established an office in Washington, DC for this purpose. But maybe somebody at the company had the bright idea to incorporate this technology into a standard Samsung Galaxy phone and market it as a specialized phone for blind consumers. I don't think RealSAM makes smart phones itself, so they figured it would be more cost effective to redesign a standard Samsung Android Galaxy around its proprietary technology. It does not sound like they have a US distributor yet for this product, which is why its anticipated launch date is not until October. Perhaps Laz might be interested in selling this phone if it becomes a reality. To me, the fact that they signed a contract with the LOC makes them legit.

Gerald

On 7/30/2020 3:45 PM, joseph hudson wrote:
Yeah definitely sounds like misleading software for sure. We'll just have to see what comes out of it.
On Jul 30, 2020, at 12:36 PM, Laz <laz@talkingmp3players.com> wrote:

I finally visited the provided link and it sounds like it's an
application, not a physical device.

I was surprised to see a few typos though and no way to actually
identify who set this site up.

As Gerald likes to say, buyer beware.

Stya well,

laz

On 7/30/20, Gerald Levy via groups.io <bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
This article is vague. Is Real SAM a specialized smart phone for the
blind that is ready to use right out of the box? Does it have a tactile
keypad? Or is it an app that must be installed on a standard Samsung
touchpad smart phone? And where do you buy it? There is no information
about purchasing Real SAM in this article.

Gerald

On 7/30/2020 6:13 AM, Monte Single wrote:
Hi Olusegun,

Below is a link to another phone for the blind.

I found it first in a current item on the latest Top Tech Tidbits.

It is based on a Samsung phone.

Please have a look.

…and then express yourself.

Thanks,