Re: can you set up a Gmail account on the same computer this a pop3 account too?

Steve Matzura

I'm not even sure what you're asking. Gmail is an email provider; POP3 is an email retrieval mechanism. Gmail can use either, but it's never a good idea to use both, thus setting up two different retrieval methods for one account, because they will eventually interfere with each other and you'll wwind up with either duplicates or missing messages. Tell us what you're trying to achieve.

On 8/2/2020 3:58 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:

Hi all, for some reason outlook 2016 is acting weird today. All my mail that is supposed to be in my in box is in my deleted folder. Anyway, I have friends tell mee that a  Gmail account  is better. I supposed that is a matter of opinion, but I thought I would have both if possible. I am running outlook 2016, and jaws 2020, on a windows ten computer. Thanks for your help. Jim