Re: 3d printing

Quentin Christensen

Thanks Sharon!

I figure there are things I can think of - such as guides, small tactile objects and so on, but I'm sure there are plenty more things I haven't even thought of, and others interested in the same thing (either people who are blind or have low vision, family members or people in the industry for their clients).

Quentin.

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 10:31 PM Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...> wrote:

There was a zoom meeting on Open Scad coding, but I didn't see an invitation.  It was with the National Federation of the Blind.  I'll ask your question on their crafters list.

Hi everyone,

This is a personal question, I'm considering getting a 3d printer, and was wondering whether there were any resources available on using these as accessibility tools? For instance, I have found 3d files to print tactile dice or signature guides with them, and was interested in exploring what else can be done in that regard. Are there any mailing lists, web pages, facebook groups etc dedicated to this aspect of 3d printing that anyone is aware of please?

Bonus points of course, for something which works with NVDA :)

Kind regards

Quentin.
--
Quentin Christensen