Re: internet issues and wanted to create my own network

heather albright

I want a router that pluggs in to the modem. The one they gave us keeps crapping out on us. Also need to maybe have wi-fi extenders to have solid connection threw out the apartment! Sometimes my network from the celluar is stronger than the  wi-fi . I know it is because the cable guys installed in a not so centeral part of the apartment and said that was the only place for the set up. I was reading that they have set ups that work with alexa to control the network. It is not accessible to get in to my router and was told I cant change alot of things by spectrum. THey do not currently offer wi-fi extenders too! Thanks for any info! cheers Heather

----- Original Message -----
From: Norman
Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2020 5:58 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] internet issues and wanted to create my own network

Hi.

It depends on how much you want to spend.

Also, are you looking at replacing the cable modem? or would you want to buy a router that plugs into the modem?

Thanks.

Hello, I am thinking about creating my own network instead of relying on spectrum's modem and router!  Does anyone know which kind I should get that is accessible with the interface? I just think the equipment they give us is poorly made and not reliable to say the least. We do not even get internet all threw the house and we only have 1200 sq. feet. We are dropping the land line  so just need the router to support internet. Thanks for in any help! cheers Heather