Re: Can one reset pc USB ports

Mike B

You would have to delete the USB port drivers and reboot the computer so they reinstall.  If you do this don't have anything plugged into the USB ports if possible.  Do a search for steps for your operating system.

From: Fanus
Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2020 6:59 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Can one reset pc USB ports

Hello list
More and more I get an error "the last USB device has malfunctioned" when
plugging a device into a USB port. For example: on Friday 1 august I made a
backup of my hard drive to an external drive with Casper software. Yesterday
when I inserted the same cable into the same USB port I got that message. As
stated above this happens more and more.
Regards
Fanus