From: Troy Burnham
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 4:23 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] closing laptop's lid while using?

Hi all,

I use a USB keyboard with my laptop and somebody who also uses a USB
keyboard told me the other day that they keep the lid closed even when
they're using it. I just wonder if that's advisable though because I
remember once I let my mom use my laptop, and she just closed the lid
without shutting it down first and when I found out and went back
several hours later the whole machine was so hot that I could barely
touch it.

That was several years ago now, but between that and leaving a desktop
computer on for a few days in a row many years ago and the motherboard
ended up burning up I don't want to take any chances, but if there is
some way that I can keep my laptop lid closed when I'm using it and the
heat won't damage it I might do that.

Oh, I don't run my laptop 24/7 but it is on all day long most days.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this matter.

Troy