Re: Groups.io and Charter Email

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Oh and to also receive your own replies in your inbox, there is a setting on the groups.io website that needs to be changed. If you want, I can walk you through that as well as send you a automatic login link that way that you can go onto Jessie's settings or if you wish for me to do it for you, I could go off-line with you, and login to your Gmail and fix the problem for you if you would like. And I will by and if you don't feel comfortable with me doing it, if you want to give me your computer guys phone number that helps you out all the time, I can give him the steps and he can fix it for you if you would like. Because I know you've been going through a lot here lately.no means give anybody any of your information.

On Aug 11, 2020, at 10:31 PM, Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't know what you mean by bugging you. It never bugs me. And as far as your messages being under your replies, that's because you haven't changed a setting in either your e-mail program or GMail, its been so long I'm not sure which but I think if you are using an e-mail program it’s a setting in that program. There is a setting in the web interface to change the behavior as well.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 9:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Groups.io and Charter Email

I don't like gmail, because google keeps bugging me every time I turn
around, practically, and also, I can't see my messages when I post to a list
unless it is underneath a reply. Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Gene
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 6:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

You have to pay for Fast Mail, but not with GMail. GMail works very well
and you can use it with e-mail programs. It may be that Fast Mail has
features some people may want but I don't think the typical e-mail user
would want them.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Mike B
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 5:20 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi Marie,

This is exactly why I ditched Charter and went to Fastmail for all my email
groups, . It seems that Charter will throttle down your email if you
receive / send too much email, but I could never get Charter / Spectrum to
admit to this and someone else on this list posted something to the effect
this would happen after a certain number of emails per month. Well whatever
the problem with Charter is, I have absolutely zero problems with Fastmail.
Another problem I had with Charter was boucing email with Groups.io which is
something I have zero problems using Fastmail.

----- Original Message ----- From: Marie