Re: Samsung Galaxy A10e usability for totally blind

Rob Hudson

Yes there is. It can read apps and all--as long as they're accessible. It's a fully featured screen reader.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lisa Belville" <missktlab1217@frontier.com>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:32:38 -0500
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Samsung Galaxy A10e usability for totally blind

Okay, so I'll ask this question. . . How much does it talk with just the
Voice Assist?  I know people who get the iPhone thinking SIRIUS will
read and do everything for them and it just doesn't work that way.  Can
I use the Voice Assist to do other things besides texting and calling?
What about Emails and surfing the net?  I know you said you don't do
these things, but is their voice feedback when trying to do them?

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@frontier.com

On 8/12/2020 6:02 PM, Rob Hudson wrote:
I have a samsung galaxy s8, so I use voice asisst all the time. It's a fork from talkback. I am not a heavy power phone user. I use the thing mainly (gasp!) as a phone--taking calls and doing texts. I know shocking these days lol. But for me, I've never run into any problems. If you are coming from the land of fruits, I have no idea how different the user experience is going to be. I jumped straight into android without passing go and collecting 200 dollars back in 2014. From no phone to the Galaxy s6.

From: "Lisa Belville" <missktlab1217@frontier.com>
To: Tech Talk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 15:53:53 -0500

Hi, all.

My sighted mom who knows nothing about smart phones is getting a Samsung
A10e from QVC.  This looks like a good deal if you like TracFone.  I may
have to help her learn to use it.  Does this phone have Talkback or some
other Android speech?  I am an iPhone user with Verizon, but I am also
curious about the quote Other Side unquote.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Lisa