Re: Samsung Galaxy A10e usability for totally blind

Mary Smith

Lisa, once you get the new phone and start using it, can you post to the list and share your opinions about the accessibility of the phone from the perspective of a new user. I'd be interested in what others have to say before investing in the phone myself.

On 2020-08-13 12:11 p.m., Lisa Belville wrote:
Hey, Olusegun,

Thanks so much for the answers to my admittedly ignorant questions.  LOL

All of our phone stores are by appointment only, and masks and social distancing is a requirement, so little or no touching of each other's merchandise.

I ordered the phone last night and it should be here next week.

I think if I have enough rudimentary knowledge I may be able to move forward without any eyeballs.

Is it necessary to use the fingerprint reader or is it an optional thing I can set up later?

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...

On 8/13/2020 9:59 AM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:
Tante Lisa wrote in part:

"Can I use the Voice Assist to do other things besides texting and calling?
What about Emails and surfing the net?"

You sure can!  VoiceAssistant will read to you every piece of info thrown at
it as shown on the screen.  If you can get to a phone store, I suggest you
take a short trip there and play with a Samsung toy that has VoiceAssistant
pumping blood to its veins!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado