Re: Browser Help Please.

Gene

One way to open bookmarks in an interface similar to Internet Explorer is to open the menu, the program has only one menu, with alt f. The menu may open if you press and release alt, then type f, but I'm not sure it always does so I hold alt and type f. Then either up or down arrow to bookmarks and press enter or type b and press enter.

I don't think there is a short cut command to get into this interface such as control a oin Internet Explorer.

If you have been adding book marks in Internet Explorer with control d, that command works in Chrome.

Here is the message I sent to another list today. You may find it very useful in working with book marks in Chrome. I have slightly modified it to make it fit well witgh this message.

I've discussed how to open a book mark interface similar to Internet Explorer's. But I almost never look at or work with the list. there is a much more efficient way to
work with book marks and it doesn't matter where they are in the book marks
folders. This method finds it wherever it is, so I never organize them.
Go to the address bar, control l.
Then type part of what you are searching for. You may have to experiment to
se what works well and sometimes though typing part of what you are looking
for usually works well, you may have to experiment when looking for a
particular book mark to see what part of the name works well.

As an example, when I want to find the New York Times book mark, I type
times in the address bar. Then I start up arrowing. the book mark is
likely to be found much faster by up arrowing.

If I want to find something else, If I want to find my Door Dash book mark,
I type door and up arrow. If I want to find the All Things Considered book
mark, I type things and up arrow. To go to a result, press enter on it.

If you want to start over or look for something else or for the same thing
in a different way, just use the command control l again and type what you
want. It will overwrite what is there and you can up or down arrow to see
what is found.