Re: Internet Explorer will no longer be supported in November

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 08:48 AM, David Goldfield wrote:
Having said that the Komando article has misquoted the original blog post that it links to. IE is not being retired this November.
-
I personally never believe that anything said by Kim Komando is anywhere near to 100% accurate.  At least a direct link to the source material is in this particular article, but there have been others where there was not even that.  Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy!!  And a long track record of being so.

That being said, I absolutely agree that no one should continue to use IE, except if one happens to have the very odd situation where that's forced by a given employer or website, and that's a very, very rare occurrence these days.

I've posted the references that follow on other groups before, but they're certainly pertinent in this topic:

Why You Should Dump Internet Explorer | Daniel Miessler        (Dec 2019)

The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser ...            (March 2019 – straight from the proverbial horse’s mouth)

Microsoft cybersecurity expert: Please, stop using Internet ...  (Feb 2019)

Microsoft security chief: IE is not a browser, so stop using ...     (Feb 2019)

Microsoft wants you to stop using Internet Explorer                    (Feb 2019)

12 reasons not to use Internet Explorer, ever | Computerworld  (June 2011 – Even more valid now)

And if you web search on “Why you should not use Internet Explorer” the list of returned results is long, and virtually unanimous in the expert (and non-expert) opinion that you should not.

Brian