Re: Browser Help Please.

Gene

There was an Adobe update a few weeks ago. A Google search disclosed the following:
As previously announced in July 2017, Adobe will stop distributing and updating Flash Player after December 31, 2020

I am very skeptical there is anything wrong with whatever messages you got. But the thing that puzzles me is whether Brave updates itself as Chrome does. I just checked and it does but if you have downloaded an older version, it may be a version that doesn't. See this article. Did you download brave from the site the support recommends?
https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042816611-Why-isn-t-Brave-updating-automatically-on-Windows-
And did you download the versions they discuss? I wonder if you downloade a version, in some way that doesn't automatically update itself or if there is some sort of error preventing it from doing so.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2020 5:31 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Browser Help Please.

Brian:

When I installed the Brave browser, a message came up that I should update Adobe flash player and update Brave.

I am Leary about doing this, as Adobe is not going to be supported any longer.

I am not sure this is a legitimate update. I can’t get to the browser without doing this.

Anyone else see this message?

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.