Re: Linux groups for the blind

Damien Garwood <damien@...>

Hi,
To be fair, I have been thinking of setting up a Linux list, but given that I've, A, only used Ubuntu, B, only used it via SSH, and C, still have a lot of unanswered questions myself, I can hardly call myself an expert by any stretch of the imagination.
Put it this way. If my server has been attacked in its wild three year existence (and I will be very surprised if it hasn't), then it doesn't show.
Cheers,
Damien.

On 25/08/2020 01:11 pm, Norman wrote:
Hello.
The program-l list is a list for all things programing, not necessarily linux specifically.
If you're wondering what orca is, it's the gui screen reader for linux, think jaws or nvda.
There are helpful users on there if you're just getting started. I'm curious, what aspects of linux will you be working with? I might be able to answer some questions on this list or off list if you prefer. I use linux myself on a daily basis, mostly server related although i have used and am planning to switch back to linux for my main workstation.
HTH.
On 8/24/2020 8:20 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
Thank you very much :-)

Ashley Breger

On Aug 24, 2020, at 7:10 PM, Jaffar Sidek<jaffar.sidek10@gmail.com> wrote:

´╗┐Hi. I recommend you join this mailing list.

program-l@freelists.org

There is a bunch of Linux users in there and they are a helpful bunch. Also, you might have some Linux programming related course in your sylabus, and we will help you all we can. If you want, you could join a Ubuntu related list that may exist. Just google for it since there are quite a few blind Ubuntu users. I used to be a member of a blind general Linux list but i'm not sure if it still exists. HTH a bit. Cheers!

On 25/8/2020 3:20 am, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any Lennix email groups for the blind? I am taking a Linux course through my college this semester and was wondering what parts of Lenix might be assessable to me.
Thanks,

Ashley Breger