Re: Accessibility of ADT Security Systems?

rex wisdom

The system is accessible with voice over.  The app is accessible voice over as well, the buttons are labeled.  The touch panel is just for the voice part of the system.  I use my app to control all functions of the alarm.  The touch panel is just to have voice for the system, so I have a main panel and a touch panel.  I never use the touch panel except to tell me when the system is active or doors or windows are open.  The ADT app does cost an extra $10 per month.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerry Berrier
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 4:08 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Accessibility of ADT Security Systems?

I’m considering ADT for my home security system.

They have a touch screen on the option I’m considering, but it can be managed somewhat from the Amazon Echo.  What I’m most concerned about is their iOS app.

I’d like to know if it works well with Voiceover.

Thanks.

Jerry Berrier

508-735-4420

http://www.birdblind.org