Re: number of people acceptable to keep everyone unmuted during a meeting?

Ann Parsons

Brian,

I don't care how much you quote, though I dislike reams and reams of quoted material. I am referring to your habit of putting the quoted material before your own post. It's difficult for a blind person to read your messages when you format this way. One must read line by line and this takes time and effort. Please take a look at the quoted material below and you'll see what I mean.

Since this list is composed almost entirely of people who use screen readers i.e. are blind or visually impaired, it would be a kindness if you could put your post on top of the quoted material! Thank you!

Ann P.

Original message:

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 07:50 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:

Brian, could you please refrain from bottom posting on this list?
-
The short answer is, "No." The longer one is that on active topics it is almost impossible for anyone to know who anyone else is responding to, or to what assertion or question someone is responding to, without something retained for context. That is precisely what the single line, or part of one, that I retain only when necessary does.
And, although Gene has already said it, what I'm doing is not what most of the world calls bottom-posting. It's a style that works for me, and keeps clear exactly what I'm responding to when that's needed. I don't retain anything when it's not necessary. I have no intention of changing that.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041
Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.
~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com
--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.