Re: Accessibility of ADT Security Systems?

Jerry Berrier

Thanks to all who responded to my questions.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 9:16 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Accessibility of ADT Security Systems?

Hi Jerry,

If you cannot use the touch screen or the app, you can still request an old style keypad controller.  I have one of these. It speaks in a clear loud female voice.  The buttons are large and easy to locate and the help center is very good.  You can even customize the system with various codes to allow you to leave a bedroom window open or a kitchen window open on hot days or when you are cooking.

On 8/25/2020 5:07 AM, Jerry Berrier wrote:

I’m considering ADT for my home security system.

They have a touch screen on the option I’m considering, but it can be managed somewhat from the Amazon Echo.  What I’m most concerned about is their iOS app.

I’d like to know if it works well with Voiceover.

Thanks.

Jerry Berrier

508-735-4420

http://www.birdblind.org