Re: how does one make edge look like internet explorer?

heather albright

Ah I think it is a matter of being a creature of habit. They are still using word 2003 and 2007. I did not even know that those programs still worked, woe! So I am trying to get them to move rather quickly, mainly, because their pc system is totally outdated. I have been trying to get them to contact computers for the blind so they would be forced to update their programs and I think they will keep using their system till it brakes. So pulling teeth! cheers Heather ----- Original Message -----
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 2:16 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how does one make edge look like internet explorer?

What does the person want to do? In Firefox, Brave or Chrome, browsing is almost exactly the same. If the person wants to learn how to work with settings or the interface, they have to learn more. If not, it may be that they may need to learn little or almost nothing.

Gene
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 12:18 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I was searching for a friend who is reluctant to move on. It is like pulling
teeth so, I was trying to make the path to useing a different browser
easier. But, I think I will continue to insist that they use firefox or
brave. They already know how to use firefox but they are still using seven
woe! Thanks for the info I appreciate it! cheers Heather
----- Original Message -----
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 12:00 PM

When I saw your question, I looked up information.
https://www.onmsft.com/how-to/how-to-enable-and-use-internet-explorer-mode-in-the-new-microsoft-edge
If this is what you are discussing, it appears it won't make Edge look like Internet Explorer in terms of giving it an Internet Explorer interface. It will allow it to run in IE compatibility mode whenever you run it without you having to change it. that will allow some wehb sites to run that are compatible with Internet Explorer and not with Chrome, but my impression is that ehse are business sites and the general user will seldom run across such sites. I doubt most people that aren't working in business or institutions would benefit from making this change and I'm not sure if you can. This article says something like If you are in a business, you can do this, which implies that the general user can't.

I don't know how much you know about working with Chrome but for many people, there shouldn't be that much to learn. If you tell us what you are having problems with we can discuss it.

Gene
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 11:32 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] how does one make edge look like internet explorer?

Hello, I saw off google that one can make edge look like IE however, i could not find the steps to do this without having to click the mouse and drag etc. So my questions are, does this work with the knew edge?The articles I came across did not say wich edge this works with. I am thinking about those who are trying to transition away from IE; just trying to make it easier. Thanks for any info, cheers Heather

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.