Re: how does one make edge look like internet explorer?

heather albright

That is why I had to ask, my question as I have not used IE as a full time browser ssense 2016. I did not know there was edge to look  like IE till my friend was told she could just turn edge in to IE. I figured that was not the case and I really wish people would not keep giving faulse information. She is like wonce you tell her something, she does not let it go. I would be trying to tell her how to do something say on chrome or brave and all she saids, "so I can do the same thing on IE right!" So did she here my lesson or what, I wonder! I always  use a extensive notes list from the lists i am on just in case I need to know how to do something. So even though I do not use edge, I keep the lessons on how to use it.  Thanks Cheers Heather
 Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 3:38 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how does one make edge look like internet explorer?

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 04:23 PM, Ann Parsons wrote:
One must learn concepts and then moving from x to y is a great deal easier.
-
You're preaching to the choir, here!   And the sad thing is that most actually understand the basic concepts very well if they've been browsing the web for years.  And depending on what particular browser they've been using, sometimes the transition to another is as close to completely painless as possible.

But even if it's sheer hell, those of us who've been in the IT business for a long time know it's insanity to use any unsupported operating system and/or browser in contact with cyberspace.  It's just begging to be attacked/infected/compromised.   It's all the more so if we're talking Windows platforms, not that the risk is eliminated by any means if you're using a Mac or Linux.

Nothing is so constant as change, and nowhere is it so constant as it is in the world of computing.  It is also both my observation as a teacher and as an end-user that it is generally much, much easier - which is not to say easy - to be going through transitions along with a large group of other people because you'll all be having similar questions and encountering similar problems at the same time.  Transitioning to Windows 10 from, say, XP, Vista, or 7, at this point is more difficult because many who did so back in 2015 or 2016 have forgotten details of those older versions of Windows as well as details of how they addressed things way back when.  If you add to that how Windows 10 itself has evolved, certain things that were perfectly valid when written 2 years ago, say, no longer apply.  Better to be a leaf floating along the stream with a whole bunch of other leaves than that poor, last leaf that falls into the river in either the dead of winter, where you're stuck on the ice, or during "the rainy season" with whitewater and where you're alone in said whitewater.