locked Re: Talking about quoting threads in the blindness community

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Joseph,

           I dislike "the curtains not matching the carpet" just as much as you do, but thread drift happens, and in this case the original topic was exhausted long before complaints about me began.  I find the lack of topic changing to occur far more frequently in some quarters than others.  I routinely split, and re-title, topics on a number of groups I moderate when individuals don't do that themselves and there's a "real topic" in my opinion that should be spun off.

            When topics where the original question has been answered, but it then starts to drift "at random" I don't.

             Some groups are also a lot more strict about topic focus than others.  This one appears to be fairly wide-ranging from what I've observed.