locked Re: Talking about quoting threads in the blindness community

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Well I think he would've made an issue out of it if they were over 71 messages in the thread and what was being discussed was no longer relevant to the current subject line. And I just had to go back to my trash folder and I found the thread, and that thread his head 71 messages probably plus yes, I no you talk about not being guilty of changing subject lines but I think after a while he would've come forward and requested the change. Oh well it's your list it'll fall apart just like others that I've been a part of have. It's OK.

On Aug 27, 2020, at 12:37 AM, Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:

No, Carlos never strictly enforced that rule. I remember a message where he said it would be a good thing if people change subject lines if the discussion changes in a thread but that it is so common that this isn't done that he wouldn't stricgtlhy enforce it. He even said that he is guilty of not changing subject lines himself.

I believe he would change a subject line off and on. he may have reminded list members that it would be a good thing if they did but as I said, he never made much of an issue about it.
Gene
-----Original Message----- From: joseph hudson
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 12:10 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Talking about quoting threads in the blindness community

Hi Brian, I'm fully aware of the functionality of groups.io. That's not the point. I was interested in the discussion at hand. And I know one of Carlos's rules was to keep subject lines on topic especially whenever I came to the tech talk group.
joseph hudson

Email FaceTime and iMessage
jhud7789@twc.com

Office phone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency sell

254-813-2461

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

On Aug 26, 2020, at 11:58 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:

Let's not forget that at the bottom of each and every message that arrives from Groups.io, whether individual messages or in digests, is the Mute this topic link. If a topic is no longer of interest, which can happen, that's what it's there for.

Anyone can also set up topic preview for any Groups.io group, if they're willing to log in to their Groups.io account to do so. Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io (docx). This can be very, very handy on high-traffic groups where it's a select few topics that you really have an interest in.

Those using any service owe it to themselves to become familiar with the features offered, and Groups.io gives individual users a far greater degree of control than many.