From: joseph hudson
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 12:53 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Talking about quoting threads in the blindness community

Oh and going back to how he was talking down to other List members Carlos would not allow that either matter fact in one of the List rules it says to respect the moderators and the List members I wasn't even speaking of his coding material I wasn't even one of the ones that complained about it. I was just complaining about how the threat was being discussed. And after a while it kind of got annoying. Because it was like somebody would ask him something nicely and he would come back with a rude remark so but since you're gonna let that go on you'll probably be losing a lot of people. Oh and by the way your next reply I want to see. Because after I hit send I'm going and I'm removing myself and I won't be back unless Carlos decides to reappear from heaven. Which I know will never happen. My time is been well spent here and I felt lots of people and I'm glad that I did so. And I will MoveOn and put my needs elsewhere. And if payment and wish to join me and anybody else y'all are more than welcome to do so as well. Because talking to this man is like talking to a dead horse.
joseph hudson

Email FaceTime and iMessage
jhud7789@twc.com

Office phone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency sell

254-813-2461

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

On Aug 27, 2020, at 12:37 AM, Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:

No, Carlos never strictly enforced that rule. I remember a message where he said it would be a good thing if people change subject lines if the discussion changes in a thread but that it is so common that this isn't done that he wouldn't stricgtlhy enforce it. He even said that he is guilty of not changing subject lines himself.

I believe he would change a subject line off and on. he may have reminded list members that it would be a good thing if they did but as I said, he never made much of an issue about it.
Gene
-----Original Message----- From: joseph hudson
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 12:10 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

Hi Brian, I'm fully aware of the functionality of groups.io. That's not the point. I was interested in the discussion at hand. And I know one of Carlos's rules was to keep subject lines on topic especially whenever I came to the tech talk group.
joseph hudson

Email FaceTime and iMessage
jhud7789@twc.com

Office phone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency sell

254-813-2461

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

On Aug 26, 2020, at 11:58 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:

Let's not forget that at the bottom of each and every message that arrives from Groups.io, whether individual messages or in digests, is the Mute this topic link. If a topic is no longer of interest, which can happen, that's what it's there for.

Anyone can also set up topic preview for any Groups.io group, if they're willing to log in to their Groups.io account to do so. Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io (docx). This can be very, very handy on high-traffic groups where it's a select few topics that you really have an interest in.

Those using any service owe it to themselves to become familiar with the features offered, and Groups.io gives individual users a far greater degree of control than many.