locked Re: Talking about quoting threads in the blindness community

joanne

Thank you, Ann. You presented both sides in a very helpful way, and I will try this method. Yes it's different than how I'd do it, but it sounds to me like you have found an efficient way to read the sender's reply.

From: "Ann Parsons" <akp@sero.email>
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 7:45 AM
To: <main@techtalk.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Talking about quoting threads in the blindness community

Morning all,

Good heavens, all this hoopla? Joseph, I can understand your frustration, but your message should have gone to Gene privately. Now, we've got a whole slew of messages which are clogging up the list. You ought to know that criticisms of posters, posts and/or the listowner and his/her policies sent to a list are werboten. If I were the list owner, I'd place you on review. However, I'm not he.

Actually, the topic has, I think, run its course. Brian has explained his method, and it does make logical sense. It just requires a bit of info to read efficiently. So, my difficulty with his posts are over. Now that I know the most efficient way to read them, I'm good. So, talk to Gene privately about the list, please.

If you want to read Brian's posts efficiently, and you do not want to read the one or two sentence quote at the top of his posts, do a find for - and you'll be placed right at the top of his posts. He actually takes some time and effort with his posts which is more than a lot of people do. 'nough said.

Ann P.