Re: Question: How to Reply To the Original Sender Of a Groups.io Message Using Outlook 365

Gene

I suspect that whether JAWS key shift r works depends on how the list is set up as to whether and where the sender's address is shown. The command doesn't work universally. I think it also only works with certain e-mail programs.

Different programs have different ways of allowing you to write to the individual member if the list serve doesn't have a reply to sender link.

While this isn't necessarily the most efficient way, one way that works on many e-mail programs is to open message properties. Not all programs call it properties. Thunderbird calls it source.
If the e-mail list makes the sender's address available, in the e-mail programs I've used, you will find the address in the properties. also, in the e-mail programs I've used, I can select and copy it to the clipboard and paste it into a new message.

If you don't know another way you like better for the program you are using, and there are more efficient ways to do this in many programs, my method is likely to work.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 9:32 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Question: How to Reply To the Original Sender Of a Groups.io Message Using Outlook 365

Recently, I tried JAWS-Key+Shift+R, and it came right to the
list.

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Olusegun --
Victory Associates LTD, Inc.
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 8:28 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Question: How to Reply To the
Original Sender Of a Groups.io Message Using Outlook 365

Mr. Goldfield asked:

"What's the most efficient method for sending an email to
just the sender?"

If using Jaws as a screen reader, Jaws-Key (AKA
INSERT)+Shift+r does the trick. It will PLACE THE SENDER'S
ADDRESS in the "TO" field automatically, and you can start
typing your text in the message body.

I don't know how this can be done using NVDA.

Hope this is a tad helpful?

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.