Re: Question: How to Reply To the Original Sender Of a Groups.io Message Using Outlook 365

Gene

This doesn't work in all programs. I just tried it in Windows Live Mail and the group address appeared in the to line. I also tried it in thunderbird and the sender's address appeared in the to line.

From: Norman
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 10:35 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Question: How to Reply To the Original Sender Of a Groups.io Message Using Outlook 365

There are various ways to do this depending on the email program and screen reader used. In general i don't think pointing out the screen reader specific method is a good idea because as soon as you do someone else will want to know how to do something that uses a different screen reader.

For all desktop email programs, outlook, thunderbird, ETC. right clicking on the message gives you the option in the menu.

HTH.

On 8/27/2020 9:30 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 07:49 AM, David Goldfield wrote:
Someone asked me how to reply to the original sender of a Groups.io message-
By activating the "Reply to Sender" mailto link at the bottom of any given message. It's purpose for being is to allow you to start an "off-list/off-group" conversation with whoever wrote the message, without involving anyone else in the group.