locked Re: Talking about quoting threads in the blindness community

Laz

Hi Monte,

You have a similar experience to mine. In all the lists I've ever been
on only one which is a technical list with mostly firmware developers
on it, recommends bottom posting; they however don't make a big deal
about it if an individual top posts. On that list I always bottom
post.

At times if I'm asked several questions in an email message I will let
the person know that my answers can be found below their questions
marked with an asterisk in order to make it easier for myself and for
them to easily find the answers they sought.

When it comes to lists with mainly blind people on them i've only seen
a total of about 3 individuals who insist on bottom posting and refus
to consider any other way of replying to messages. Of course as stated
by some on this very list, those messages may just end up being
ignored. (shrugs)

Stay well,

Laz

On 8/27/20, Monte Single <mrsingle@sasktel.net> wrote:
Hi Laz

Thanks for your post.
Apart from the many list I am subscribed to, I used email at work for
almost thirty years. I worked for a school board with 2500 employees. Top
posting was the standard email formaqt.
I estimate I have processed about 10 million emails since I started using
computers. Top posting is the standard I find on all lists I have used.
Brian get the prize for being the 1 outstannding bottom poster.

Thanks,

Monte