Replying to sender

Howard Traxler

Funny thing:  When I hit on the "reply to sender" link at the bottom, Thunderbird opens a new message but leaves the to and subject fields blank.

Howard

8/27/2020 10:19 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

I don't generally subscribe initially using the individual message option because I use the web interface, but for each group I do generally turn this on so that I receive at least a few messages to see exactly what they look like.

The messages I've received from TechTalk are in plain text format, which is not the default for Groups.io, and are also missing a number of the standard footer links that should be there whether the format is plain text or HTML, the most important of which given recent conversations is the "Reply to Sender" link, which is entirely absent.

I've never seen this happen before, and I'll check to see if it is happening on other groups by turning on individual message delivery for them for a short while.

So you're not insane if you're not seeing the Reply to Sender link, because it's not there, and I'm not insane thinking that it should be there, because in every other case I've ever dealt with, it is.