Re: Replying to sender

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 12:50 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Thunderbird opens a new message but leaves the to and subject
My guess would be that some security feature/add-on/extension is involved.  Those are mailto links that look like this (and I'm changing the 'm' to 'v' mailto so that the example does not actually turn into a real mailto link, and I'm changing the e-mail address to a fake one):

vailto:person@...?subject=Private:{insert whatever the topic title was here}

It's dirt standard mechanism, and using same from the footer of one of the messages that has it triggers my Gmail webmail compose window to open with the correct address and subject prepopulated.