Re: Oddity with TechTalk message format - Reported to Group Owner

Carolyn Arnold

I think it is a groups.io problem. But, as Brian has said, we can go down to Reply to Sender and copy the sender's address; that did work.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 11:47 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Oddity with TechTalk message format - Reported to Group Owner

I'm not sure what the problem is. I checcked a message from the NVDA list and I found the same thing. there is no reply to member link. To me, going through messages with a screen-reader, it appears to me as though they are HTML messages and I'm curious how you know they are text. Is it the lack of formatting or images?

I'll probably write to support about this but, since I've seen this on two lists, I suspect it is a general problem.

Gene
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 10:19 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Oddity with TechTalk message format - Reported to Group Owner

I don't generally subscribe initially using the individual message option because I use the web interface, but for each group I do generally turn this on so that I receive at least a few messages to see exactly what they look like.

The messages I've received from TechTalk are in plain text format, which is not the default for Groups.io, and are also missing a number of the standard footer links that should be there whether the format is plain text or HTML, the most important of which given recent conversations is the "Reply to Sender" link, which is entirely absent.

I've never seen this happen before, and I'll check to see if it is happening on other groups by turning on individual message delivery for them for a short while.

So you're not insane if you're not seeing the Reply to Sender link, because it's not there, and I'm not insane thinking that it should be there, because in every other case I've ever dealt with, it is.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.