Re: Question: How to Reply To the Original Sender Of a Groups.io Message Using Outlook 365

Norman

Well, I guess i was wrong on that again, i'll shut up and go hide in my little whole again. :smile:

TB does indeed have the reply to sender option but it inserts the list address. For some reason i thought earlier that it worked as i said it did. It should be possible to make it do so by using the correct email headers but that's a groups.io issue and not ms.

Just for the record, i still think ms should quit making email clients.

Thanks.

On 8/27/2020 2:59 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 02:43 PM, Norman wrote:
I declare if we all used tb the world would be a better place. Seems to me that there would have to be a reply to sender option somewhere in outlook/win mail, but i guess i could be wrong about the ability for ms programers to think clearly anymore.
-
This has nothing to do with Microsoft.  The way groups.io sends out messages, by design, is such that the reply-to address is for the group.  You would never want the sender's address to be the default on a mailing list, or traffic would end up being diverted off-list almost constantly.  If you show the entire original message you can find the original sender's address, but it's not in Reply-To.

This isn't limited to groups.io groups, either.  Freelists.org and others use precisely the same mechanism.  Replies using reply or reply all generally default to list, not sender.