Re: Browser Help Please.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Janet,

          As far as I know, default app setting on Windows 7 works as it always did, and it's way less strict about checking changes when programs try to make them, which has caused enough problems that things were tightened up later.

           I would strongly encourage you to do a no-cost in-place upgrade to Windows 10 at your earliest possible convenience, after having backed up your system first.  These instructions apply to an in-place upgrade, too, and I mention that in the instructions themselves:  Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file