Re: Browser Help Please.

Gene

But if someone is getting a separate Windows 10 machine, I disagree that you should upgrade the Windows 7 machine unless you intend to use it regularly. If you intend to keep it as a backup machine, I think Windows 7 should be kept on it. Microsoft has had enough problems with its full upgrades recently that I want a system that is reliable and that won't be upgraded if I have to use it as a backup. Assumedly, using it as a backup would be for short periods if something goes wrong with the Windows 10 machine.

I wouldn't use it in circumstances where I have to give personal information.

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 2:12 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Browser Help Please.

Janet,

As far as I know, default app setting on Windows 7 works as it always did, and it's way less strict about checking changes when programs try to make them, which has caused enough problems that things were tightened up later.

I would strongly encourage you to do a no-cost in-place upgrade to Windows 10 at your earliest possible convenience, after having backed up your system first. These instructions apply to an in-place upgrade, too, and I mention that in the instructions themselves: Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file