Re: Browser Help Please.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 03:23 PM, Gene wrote:
Microsoft has had enough problems with its full upgrades recently
-
If you intend to keep using a machine, whether as your "daily driver" or as a backup machine, over the long term then it should be updated to a supported version of Windows, period.

No responsible IT professional (and I am one) would tell anyone otherwise.  I don't presume that folks who keep backup machines don't want something they can pull out and use with complete comfort and familiarity should the need arise.  And, believe me, whether one is using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 routinely, you will forget how certain things were handled in Windows 7.

You never, ever, ever want to have an unsupported OS in contact with cyberspace if it's at all possible to avoid it.  And all the more so if that OS is a dead version of Windows.