From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: August 27, 2020 7:13 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] respecting leaving computers on, or not

Speaking of Power Drain, I've been curious, what sort of Power does an I7 chip with a 500 watt power supply require?

Which draws more, the Computer, or the refrigerator?

Grumpy Dave

On 8/27/2020 11:13 AM, Geoff Eden wrote:

Good afternoon, mechanical hard drives, you make a case! Not only is there a large current draw for startup, but you are essentially rolling on dry bearings for a few revolutions until their floating design puts the platter spindle airborne.

During boot up the head rack also gets a good workout.

I'm all SSD here, but my avarice kicks in when viewing the monthly electric bill. So I still turn my computers off, at least, most of the time.

Geoff