Admin. A possible change to list settings

Gene

From the owner:

I have had a request to make a change in list settings. This doesn't affect what members see if they receive e-mails from the list. But if someone sends a message containing an e-mail address, someone searching the archives or reading messages in their browser on the site now wouldn't see it. For example, if someone sent the e-mail address of a Braille Repair service, that message wouldn't be seen in the archives or when reading mail on the web site instead of in an e-mail program.

this sounds like a reasonable change to make. I know a small number of people read messages using the browser interface and from time to time, someone may search for information and see archived messages.

If anyone has any objection to this change, let me know at gsasner@gmail.com.
I can only think of one instance where this might be objected to. Now and then, someone sends a message asking if anyone knows the e-mail address of someone a member is trying to contact who is a person, not a business. While I would expect such information to rarely, if ever, come up if someone is searching the archives for a topic, it is the only case where I can see that anyone might object. But I want to give people a chance to comment in case they do object or if I haven't thought of something that they think should be considered.

the e-mail address of the sender of the message would still be hidden, as it is now.